"Prayer should not be regarded as a duty which must be performed, but rather as a privilege to be enjoyed, a rare delight that is always revealing some new beauty." - E.M. Bounds
"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work." - Oswald Chambers.
What is prayer?“The essence of meditation is a period of time set aside to contemplate the Lord, listen to Him, and allow Him to permeate our spirits.” — Charles Stanley
“Prayerlessness is our declaration of independence from God” –Daniel Henderson
- Prayer is simply spending time with God, talking and listening to him like you would another person. Jesus calls us his friend! (John 15:15)
- The difference, of course, is that God is our creator, so we also pray to worship and thank God, and to depend on him for our direction and provision. (Psalm 62:5-8)
- It is easy to build prayer up into something that needs to sound good, but God sees the heart. He wants us to worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)
- Don’t worry about what it sounds like. In fact, the “better” you sound, the more likely you aren’t praying for the right reasons. (Matthew 6:5) Just dive in and share your heart with God!
Prayer at Grace Church Chaska CampusPrayer is the key ingredient to a healthy, Christ-led church. Our desire is not to be a church with a prayer program, but a praying church. This means that each of us, though at different stages of our journey, are choosing to spend time with Jesus and grow in our relationship with him. This happens on our own, as families, and when we are together. Here are some opportunities to get involved:
- Help with my prayer life: Suggested readings, prayer calendar
- Join a small group
- Grace prayer calendar
- Interested in hosting a Grace Chaska Campus prayer night? Contact Ian Riley at firstname.lastname@example.org