Be intentional about navigating the public school system by attending this comprehensive workshop.
This workshop is for:
- Parents of current or incoming public school students
- Parents considering public school for their students
- Others involved within the public schools who want to be equipped to impact their schools for Christ
If you are a Christian and are currently a part of the public school system, or are considering this journey for your family, there is much to consider. How can you best come alongside your public school student to build a biblically grounded, lifelong faith? How can you prepare your family for some of the challenges you may face? How can you impact your school for Christ? Be intentional about navigating the public school system by attending this comprehensive workshop.
In this workshop you will:
- Consider your role as public school parents both at home and at school
- Be challenged to be intentional in the spiritual formation of your children and be given resources to help you in this effort
- Learn about the culture shifts within our schools and how they impact us as Christians
- Understand your Religious Liberties as Christians in the public school
- Gain awareness of curriculum concerns that conflict with biblical worldview
- Learn about Christian community at your school and how to plug in
- Gain insight into legislative issues impacting our freedoms and how we can respond
- Connect with other public school parents on a similar journey!
Author of “Navigating Public Schools” and founder of Prepare the Way Ministries. Stephen will be our main presenter. Stephen and his wife, Sarah, founded Prepare the Way Ministries in 2006, following his involvement in a federal court case concerning the censorship of historical documents with Christian references. Having been a public school teacher on the front lines in the church/state battle, Stephen offers a unique perspective on how we, as Christians, can navigate the public schools in a God honoring way. Stephen speaks nationally on worldview, apologetics, and cultural issues.
Executive Director of Church and Family Ministry at Renewanation, which trains children to develop a biblical worldview. Josh has a PhD from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He has served as a pastor for nearly twenty years and is a founding member of the Legacy Coalition and RootedKids.com. He is the author of Biblical Grandparenting, Preparing Children for Marriage, the Rooted Kids curriculum and is the editor of Equipping Grandparents. Josh is married to Jen, and they have five children.
Communications Director, Minnesota Family Council Stephani will provide an introduction to Minnesota Family Council and provide some legislative updates about issues pertinent to public schools. She will also make recommendations on how we as parents can get involved at both the local and state level as issues arise.
Co-founder of Compass Public School Ministry Mindy will share from her journey as a public school parent and about Compass, a ministry for Christians called to the public schools, and how it can be a resource to you. Mindy and her husband, Dave, live in Eden Prairie with their three children.