A Journey in Biblical Womanhood: bringing the truth of the Word to the hearts of young women.
This is a group for moms with daughters entering grade 5-6 in the fall.
Biblical Womanhood: What does the Bible say about being a woman?
Moms discipling their girls will focus on exploring God's timeless design for womanhood straight from His Word, discover and embrace His design and mission for our lives as women, and get equipped to pass on the message to the next generation, our daughters. The group will spend time understanding biblical womanhood while having discussions surrounding modesty, purity, inner beauty, dating, healthy relationships, identity in Christ, and much more.
Group time will encourage and support each other on this journey in discipling daughters. Dannah Gresh's book 8 Great Dates for Moms and Daughters will be used in between meetings to create fun opportunities for purposeful, meaningful conversations surrounding the topic of biblical womanhood.
The group will provide resources, information, wisdom, and encouragement to each other as they navigate these important years of mother/daughter relationships. Each mom group will have a mentor to oversee them to provide wisdom and experience from being a step or two ahead. Girls will meet in small groups with an older girl to mentor them as well.
- Train daughters up to know in their heart that their number 1 priority is loving and honoring the Lord. | "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- Spend purposeful and meaningful time with daughters while having necessary conversations. | "Train your child up in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)
- Open up and keep lines of communication open as daughters navigate the tween and teen years so that they will listen to mothers and value their words. | "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." (Colossians 3:20)
- Experience biblical Titus 2 mentoring and discipleship and understand its value. | "These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children . . ." (Titus 2:4)
- Encourage and support each other as mothers and daughters as they navigate these important years. | "My goal is that they will be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love." (Colossians 2:2a)
Tentative Summer ScheduleLocation TBD
Jun 14 | 1p-3p
Intro 8 Great Dates book; Preview Date 1
Jul 19 | 1p-3p
Discuss Date 1; Preview Date 2
Aug 9 | 1p-3p
Discuss Date 2; Preview Date 3
School Year ScheduleMeeting 6 times Oct-May
Dates and Location TBD
(based on what works best for the group)