Grace Church and Faith Biblical Counseling provide the tools and education you need to help others arise victorious over the burdens of life. Learn to support people as they transform their marriages, heal broken relationships, and overcome sin.
You don’t need to be a pastor, minister, or church employee to participate. You just need a compassionate heart and a sincere desire to point someone who is hurting toward Jesus through lessons found in the Bible.
Biblical Counseling is the process by which the Bible is related on a personal basis to individuals who are suffering or struggling. This method is based on three central beliefs:
- The Bible is the authoritative source by which all truth must be evaluated.
- When properly interpreted, the Bible reveals how a believer can please the Lord, and live in a God-honoring way regardless of their circumstances.
- A genuine change of heart is totally dependent on the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
By participating in this Biblical Counseling Training Seminar, you will be:
- Challenged: to become a more faithful disciple and disciple-maker.
- Equipped: to console with more compassionate, Bible-centered, practical instruction.
- Connected: with ministry leaders, pastors, missionaries, and people who desire to genuinely foster a change that helps others grow closer to our Lord Jesus Christ. Imagine the relationships you’ll cultivate by attending!
FOUNDATIONS - Track One
First-time attendees will appreciate Track One, which lays the foundation for Biblical Counseling teaching principles, practices, family relationships, and the Christian life. This training meets the classroom requirements toward Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC) Certification.
- Key elements of biblical counseling
- What makes biblical counseling biblical
- Comparison of counseling philosophies
- Doctrine of spiritual growth
- Marriage roles and parenting
- Rules of communication
- Anger, fear, and worry
- Video-case observation
ADVANCED TRACK - Track Four
Track Four covers relevant contemporary topics in-depth.
- Grace - the missing ingrediant for lasting change
- Counselors should be good theologians
- Counseling wives whose husbands refuse to lead
- Overcoming evil
- Counseling those who live together
- Gospel treason #1 & #2
- OT narratives in counseling
- Lessons learned in counseling
- Using accountability relationships in counseling
- The blessing of disappointed expectations in marriage
Brent Aucoin Ph.D.
Pastor of Seminary and Soul Care Ministries, Faith Church; ACBC certified counselor
Senior Pastor, Grace Fellowship Evangelical Free Church; ACBC certified; instructor and counselor at Grace Fellowship Church
Pastor, Sonrise Baptist Church; ACBC certified
Professor, Counseling at the College of Biblical Studies; Senior Pastor, Community of Faith Bible Church; ACBC Fellow
Dustin Folden M.Div.
Pastor of Discipleship and Extension Ministries at Faith Church, instructor; ACBC certified counselor at FBCM
Rob Green Ph.D.
Counseling & Seminary Ministries Pastor, Faith Church; ACBC Fellow; instructor and counselor at FBCM
Dr. Steve Viars has served as a pastor and counselor at Faith for 27 years. He is an author, international speaker, Vice President of the Biblical Counseling Coalition, and Board President of Vision of Hope.
Dan Wickert M.D.
Obstetrician, gynecologist, ACBC certified counselor and frequent speaker on medical issues
A message from Troy Dobbs, Senior Pastor, Grace Church
For more than 30 years, Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries has been instrumental in equipping thousands of pastors, ministry leaders, and missionaries to confidently use and share the Bible as they counsel those in need.
We envision an entire community impacted by the Word of God — one family at a time, one marriage at a time, and one person at a time.
Please register today for this important training. Remember, you do not have to be a pastor, minister, or missionary to attend. You simply need to love people and love the Gospel.
Join us at Grace Church along with Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries to help others while you become a more faithful disciple and disciple maker.
What Past Participants Say About Faith Biblical Counseling:
"Biblical Counseling training literally changed how we view the world by giving us a deeper understanding of how to apply God’s Word to every aspect of our lives and to help others learn how to do the same." – Brett & Sheila Waldman
"Using nothing more than the Word of God for direction and instruction, I’ve seen men take the initiative to be humble, Christ-like leaders in their marriage and family." – Steve Schmitz
When and Where:
- February 23-24, 2018
- March 23-24, 2018
- April 27-28, 2018
Registration and More Information:
Register online here for this 3-weekend training and more detailed information about the training! (Total price includes conference notebook, breaks, and lunch on Saturdays.)
This year we're excited to offer Track 1 in Spanish! For more info, click here.
A limited number of scholarships are available. To inquire, contact Pastor Peter Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.