Educator's Breakfast 2017 - Nov 18Join us a special morning of worship, educator testimonies, inspiring speakers, and prayer at our 5th Annual Compass Educator Appreciation Breakfast. This is a free event, so bring your colleagues and friends.
More information >>
Public School Parenting Workshop - Jan 20, 2018Be intentional about navigating the public school system by attending this comprehensive workshop.
More information >>
To connect and equip Christian educators, parents and students, empowering them to live their faith confidently, in order to transform our public schools through the love and truth of Jesus Christ.
- Connect, equip and empower a community of Christian educators, parents and students within our public schools, creating an environment where truth and righteousness can flourish.
Joshua 1:9 - “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, and do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
- Create opportunities for Christians within the public schools to live and share their faith with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15 - “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.”
- Empower and equip parents to take seriously their leadership role at home and school.
Proverbs 22:6 - “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Encourage legislative awareness and action regarding issues that impact Christians within the public schools.
Galatians 6:9 - “Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.”
- Build strong relationships through generous service, showing Christ’s love by meeting our schools’ most basic needs.
John 3:18 – “Let us not love with words and speech but with action and in truth.”
- Pray faithfully for our schools and those within their walls.
Romans 12:12 - “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Compass Event Information:
For a complete list of upcoming Compass events, visit the Compass website. Information on Compass events held at Grace Church can be found on the Kids: Infant-4th Grade web page under Events. To receive regular Compass updates, “like” us on Facebook at “Compass-Navigating Public Education.”
- If you are an Educator in the public schools and want to get involved with Compass Ministry, contact Norene Shephard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a parent or student in the public schools and want to get involved with Compass Ministry, contact Mindy Heine at email@example.com.
- Tim Chailles - “10 Lessons from 10 Years of Public Schooling”
- Religious Liberties in the Public Schools